Wednesday, February 24, 2010

In the Beginning...

WOW! Where do I begin? Shaw and I arrived at the airport at 6am on Tuesday only to receive the news that our flight had been canceled to Chicago.  Isn't international travel so much fun?!!! They rerouted us and we barley made our connecting flight to Hong Kong but thank goodness we did. It was quite the event. We had to run to our gate! Im sure we looked so funny. We met one of the other volunteers, Kimberlee, in Chicago. Although she didnt sit with us, we all traveled the LONG 17 hour flight together. Did I mention LONG? And just to add a little extra fun in the mix, we were crammed in the middle seats in the very back next to the Vietnamese man that kept playing footsie with me. I think he was cold. hahaha We both got sick from the airplane food. After the 1st meal we opted not to eat the rest of the flight. Note to self...China+airplane+airplane food+sleep deprivation=No Good. But after our obnoxious adventure we finally made it to the Hotel with all of our luggage. (YAY) And the Adventure really begins. HONG KONG IS BEAUTIFUL! It reminds me of Moscow a little bit but better. Unfortunately, we are both missing Seth right about now because all they speak is Cantonese here. SETH....WE NEED YOU. I cant believe were already here. It all happened so fast. We ate dinner at this place that sells dumplings and these fried things filled with beef and chicken and all sorts of goodness. Our hotel is really nice but funny thing....They gave us separate twin beds! Haha I guess your prayers were answered dad, separate beds :( Unfortunately for us I'm just too tired to worry about it right now.  Not only are the twin beds providing us with a few laughs but the survey card the hotel gave us provides us with some laughs too. It reads "In order to further improve our service and facilities, we would be most grateful if you could generously spare a few minutes to give us comments on our operation. Your INVALUABLE comments will be highly appreciated." Haha I hope that gives you some laughs.
Tomorrow were going to the temple and were going to deliver Seth's request to his missionary companions. The rest of our group will arrive tomorrow and we will finally meet all the people in our group. Oh yeah, just a side note. China is not meant for curly headed people. I straightened my hair before we left the US. Yeah well good thing I didnt bring my straightener because its FRIZZY. UGH, i hate frizzy hair. So, not only goodbye America but goodbye straight hair.
 

4 comments:

  1. OH my gosh I miss you so much already! I love that you have a blog tho! keep it going, I'll talk to you soon! SWEET DREAMS... thats weird, cuz its 8:30 a.m. here! Love ya babe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you guys are so cute and i will miss you so so much! THANKS FOR ALWAYS BEING THERE FOR ME. I love you both and am so happy to call you family. love Daviana

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHA I love the twin beds! Priceless. Man I love Asia.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl i miss you tons. wow i wish you were here. i really need to talk to someone. :( hope you are safe. love you!

    ReplyDelete