Friday, February 26, 2010

Family reminders

We can't go anywhere without thinking about our family. Yesterday, we saw my dads favorite steakhouse and today we went to a market called "STANLEY Market". It totally made me think of Papa Bear Carter (his name is Stan). Then, we were parked at Victoria Peak off of "STUBBS road" (kim, our sister in laws maiden name). Isn't that just crazy?!



It's so fun for us that we get to kind of share this experience with our family. Well, today we took our tour of Hong Kong. It was really cool. We got to see all these neat sites and experi- ence some of the scenic areas of Hong Kong. It was so beautiful! I know i keep saying that but I dont know how else to describe it. This island is just filled with so much history and rich culture. We went to the fisherman's village. Its this place where all they have this HUGE floating restaurant and there are about 10,000 people just living in these really crappy boats and they just fish. Its so crazy. Our tour guide told us that there were about 50,000 people in this village 20 years ago and now they are expecting it to eventually deteriorate within the next 10 years. We are so fortunate to have seen such an amazing part of Hong Kong.  

Along my trip I also found some Diet Coke. Actually it's Coke Lite but whatever. I'll take what I can get! Sorry...tangent! So, we also went up to this place called Victoria's Peak. I think it was our new favorite place. It viewed the Island Perfect. Unfortunately it was really cloudy so we weren't able to go up the whole way but it was still beautiful. We have a lot of really great people in our group. Everyone just thinks Shaw is so cute. Thank you girls, I already know that ;) We took some of the girls to that dumpling place again. It was good.  Then we just relaxed and chilled at the hotel. Tomorrow we leave to go to mainland. I'm really looking forward to getting into a routine and finally starting to teach. I hope everyone is ready because we have a lot of work cut out for us. Although I'm really excited to go to mainland China tomorrow it will be sad to leave Hong Kong. We always hear sirens outside our hotel window. Shaw likes to watch the drama unfold if he can. hahaha Eventful huh? Well Hong Kong was great while it lasted but on to bigger and better things. Wish us luck!!!!!

1 comment: